The Fine Arts and Design O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Fine Arts and Design are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Fine Arts and Design makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Fine Arts and Design in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Fine Arts and Design and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Fine Arts and Design in our universities and polytechnics.
Fine Arts and Design is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Fine Arts and Design or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Fine Arts and Design but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Fine Arts and Design are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Fine Arts and Design in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Fine Arts and Design
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Fine Arts and Design (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Fine Arts and Design in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Fine Arts and Design
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
Also, in the quest to study Fine Arts and Design, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Fine Arts and Design as a course. Say for example; the only(1) university listed below is not just known for studying Fine Arts and Design but can be regarded as the best school for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
Studying Fine Arts and Design as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and Fine arts
- For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Fine Arts and Design before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Fine Arts and Design:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND upper credit HND lower credit from recognised institutions.
UTME Subject combination for Fine Arts and Design:
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Fine Arts and Design due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Fine Arts and Design and the JAMB approved subjects combination for Fine Arts and Design as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.