The Fine and Industrial Arts O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Fine and Industrial Arts are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Fine and Industrial Arts makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Fine and Industrial Arts in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Fine and Industrial Arts and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Fine and Industrial Arts in our universities and polytechnics.
Fine and Industrial Arts is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Fine and Industrial Arts or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Fine and Industrial Arts but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Fine and Industrial Arts are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Fine and Industrial Arts in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Fine and Industrial Arts
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Fine and Industrial Arts (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Fine and Industrial Arts in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Fine and Industrial Arts
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
Also, in the quest to study Fine and Industrial Arts, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Fine and Industrial Arts as a course. Say for example; the only (1) university listed below is not just known for studying Fine and Industrial Arts but can be regarded as the best school for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
Studying Fine and Industrial Arts as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Fine Arts and two (2) other from social science subject. Mathematics, Arts and one Social Science subject.
- For NTC the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall Handling, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Graphic Painting; Ceramics; Basic Electricity; Building/ENGINEERING/ENVIRONMENTAL/TECHNOLOGY Drawing.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Fine and Industrial Arts before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Fine and Industrial Arts:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Fine Arts/Technical Drawing and any one of Mathematics, Economics, Geography., Biology, Physics and Chemistry. ND/HND credit in Fine Arts.
UTME Subject combination for Fine and Industrial Arts:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Fine Arts/Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Fine and Industrial Arts due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Fine and Industrial Arts and the JAMB approved subjects combination for Fine and Industrial Arts as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.