Visual Arts and Technology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Visual Arts and Technology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Visual Arts and Technology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Visual Arts and Technology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Visual Arts and Technology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Visual Arts and Technology in our universities and polytechnics.
Visual Arts and Technology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Visual Arts and Technology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Visual Arts and Technology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Visual Arts and Technology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Visual Arts and Technology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Visual Arts and Technology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Visual Arts and Technology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Visual Arts and Technology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Visual Arts and Technology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR VISUAL ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Visual Arts and Technology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Visual Arts and Technology as a course. Say for example; the university listed below is not just known for studying Visual Arts and Technology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING VISUAL ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
Studying Visual Arts and Technology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Fine Art, Mathematics, Chemistry. Spinning; Weaving; Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Ceramics; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing; Decorative Painting, Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Building/ENGINEERING/ENVIRONMENTAL/TECHNOLOGY Drawing, General Wood Work.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Visual Arts and Technology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Visual Arts and Technology:
- A Level passes in two (2) of Fine Arts, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- ND in Industrial Design or Glass Technology or Fine Art at credit level.
UTME Subject combination for Visual Arts and Technology:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Fine Arts/Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR VISUAL ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Visual Arts and Technology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING VISUAL ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Visual Arts and Technology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Visual Arts and Technology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.