Visual and Applied Arts O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Visual and Applied Arts are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Visual and Applied Arts makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Visual and Applied Arts in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Visual and Applied Arts and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Visual and Applied Arts in our universities and polytechnics.
Visual and Applied Arts is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Visual and Applied Arts or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Visual and Applied Arts but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Visual and Applied Arts are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Visual and Applied Arts in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Visual and Applied Arts.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Visual and Applied Arts (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Visual and Applied Arts in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Visual and Applied Arts.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR VISUAL AND APPLIED ARTS
Also, in the quest to study Visual and Applied Arts, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Visual and Applied Arts as a course. Say for example; the university listed below is not just known for studying Visual and Applied Arts but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING VISUAL AND APPLIED ARTS
Studying Visual and Applied Arts as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts. For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Visual and Applied Arts before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Visual and Applied Arts:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND upper credit HND lower credit from recognised institutions.
UTME Subject combination for Visual and Applied Arts:
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR VISUAL AND APPLIED ARTS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Visual and Applied Arts due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING VISUAL AND APPLIED ARTS
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Visual and Applied Arts and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Visual and Applied Arts as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.