The Industrial Design O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Industrial Design are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Industrial Design makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Industrial Design in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Industrial Design and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Industrial Design in our universities and polytechnics.
Industrial Design is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Industrial Design or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Industrial Design but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Industrial Design are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Industrial Design in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Industrial Design
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Industrial Design (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Industrial Design in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Industrial Design
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
Also, in the quest to study Industrial Design, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Industrial Design as a course. Say for example; the six (6) universities listed below are not just known for studying Industrial Design but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
Studying Industrial Design as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Fine Art, Mathematics, Chemistry. Spinning; Weaving; Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Ceramics; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing; Decorative Painting, Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Building/ENGINEERING/ENVIRONMENTAL/TECHNOLOGY Drawing, General Wood Work.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Industrial Design before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Industrial Design:
- A Level passes in two (2) of Fine Arts, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- ND in Industrial Design or Glass Technology or Fine Art at credit level.
UTME Subject combination for Industrial Design:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Fine Arts/Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Industrial Design due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Industrial Design and the JAMB approved subject combination for Industrial Design as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.