Building O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Building) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Building makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Building in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Building and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Building in our universities and polytechnics.
Building is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Building or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Building but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Building are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Building in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Building.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Building(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Building in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Building
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BUILDING
Also, in the quest to study Building, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Building as a course. Say for example; Since there are 18 universities listed below, they are not just known for studying Building but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING BUILDING
Studying Building as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Building in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Building before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BUILDING:
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR BUILDING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Building due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING BUILDING IN NIGERIA
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE– AAU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE– ABU
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT– BAZE
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE– CALEB
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE– ESUTECH
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE– FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– FUTO
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE– JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE– JOS
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – KADPOLY-ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE– LAGOS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE– MINNA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE– NAUB
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE– OAU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE– UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE– UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE– UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Building as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Building as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.