Building Technology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Building Technology) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Building Technology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Building Technology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Building Technology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Building Technology in our universities and polytechnics.
Building Technology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Building Technology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Building Technology but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Building Technology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Building Technology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Building Technology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Building Technology(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Building Technology in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Building Technology
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Building Technology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Building Technology as a course. Say for example; Since there are 6 universities listed below, they are not just known for studying Building Technology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
Studying Building Technology as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Building Technology in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any one of Geography, Economics, Arts and Technical drawing. For holders of NTC, the other relevant subjects could be Intro. to Building Construction, Bricklaying, Concreting, Walls, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Building/Engineering Drawing, Joinery, Carpentry, Gas, Steam Work and Bronze Welding, Cold / Hot Water Supply, Sanitation and Drainage.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects combination for studying Building Technology before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY:
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Building Technology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING BUILDING TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIA
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE– ABSU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE– BAUCHI
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE– BELLS
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, BIDA, NIGER STATE (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA) – BIDA-DEG
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE– COVENANT
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE– FED-KEBBI
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Building Technology as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Building Technology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.