The need for the correct O’Level and UTME subjects combination for studying Agricultural Economics as a course in our tertiary institutions cannot be overemphasized as candidates often times tend to ignore the importance of this subject matter thus making it difficult for them to gain admission into the university or polytechnic to study this course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Agricultural Economics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Agricultural Economics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Agricultural Economics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Agricultural Economics in our universities and polytechnics.
Agricultural Economics is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Agricultural Economics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Agricultural Economics but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Agricultural Economics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Agricultural Economics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Agricultural Economics.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Agricultural Economics(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Agricultural Economics in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Agricultural Economics
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
Also, in the quest to study Agricultural Economics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Agricultural Economics as a course. Say for example; DELSU, FUTO, LANDMARK and other universities listed below are not just known for studying Agricultural Economics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
Studying Agricultural Economics as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Agricultural Economics in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics and Economics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Agricultural Economics before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Agricultural Economics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS IN NIGERIA
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE– DELSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– FUTO
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE– IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– IGBINEDION
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE– LANDMARK
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE– LAUTECH
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE– OAU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE– UMUDIKE
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE– UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE– UNN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Agricultural Economics as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Agricultural Economics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.