History O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering History are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for History makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to History in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study History and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying History in our universities and polytechnics.
History is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, History or the list of universities in Nigeria offering History but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering History are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying History in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying History
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study History (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark History in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers History
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HISTORY
Also, in the quest to study History, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying History as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying History but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HISTORY
Studying History as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, History, Literature in English, and Government.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying History before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for History:
- Two (2) A Level passes in History and any other related subjects.
UTME Subject combination for History:
- English Language, History and any other two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences
CUT OFF MARK FOR HISTORY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying History due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HISTORY
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE – ADSU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA, ANAMBRA STATE – LEGACY
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE – SAU
- SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – SOSU
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying History and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for History as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.