Geophysics O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Geophysics are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Geophysics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Geophysics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Geophysics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Geophysics in our universities and polytechnics.
Geophysics is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Geophysics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Geophysics but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Geophysics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Geophysics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Geophysics
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Geophysics (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Geophysics in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Geophysics
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR GEOPHYSICS
Also, in the quest to study Geophysics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Geophysics as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Geophysics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING GEOPHYSICS
Studying Geophysics as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Geophysics before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Geophysics:
- A Level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Geophysics:
- English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Biology or Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR GEOPHYSICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Geophysics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING GEOPHYSICS
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE– AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE– AAUA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE– AUE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE– BAUCHI
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– BIU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE– EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE– FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE– FUPRE
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE– KASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE– LAGOS
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE– MOUNTAIN TOP
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE– OSUSTECH
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE– UNIZIK
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Geophysics and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Geophysics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.