Geology and Geophysics O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Geology and Geophysics are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Geology and Geophysics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Geology and Geophysics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Geology and Geophysics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Geology and Geophysics in our universities and polytechnics.
Geology and Geophysics is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Geology and Geophysics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Geology and Geophysics but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Geology and Geophysics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Geology and Geophysics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Geology and Geophysics
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Geology and Geophysics (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Geology and Geophysics in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Geology and Geophysics
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS
Also, in the quest to study Geology and Geophysics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Geology and Geophysics as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Geology and Geophysics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS
Studying Geology and Geophysics as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Geology and Geophysics before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Geology and Geophysics:
- Two (2) A Level passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Geography.
UTME Subject combination for Geology and Geophysics:
- English Language, Geography, Mathematics and Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Geology and Geophysics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Geology and Geophysics and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Geology and Geophysics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.