The Australian government, through the Department Of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), are providing fully-funded scholarships to individuals from different developing countries of the globe. These scholarship programs are known to be one of the prestigious international scholarship programs.
This scholarship is available in all academic fields that are studied in all Austrian universities. It is open to bachelors, Masters and PhD students or applicants. There is no application fee required and all expenses are covered by the Australian government.
Applicants would benefit the following from this scholarship award:
- Fully funded tuition fees.
- Fully covered travel expenses.
- Visa expenses.
- Establishment allowances.
- Living expenses.
- Fully covered health insurance.
- Provision of accommodation.
- Study materials will be provided for the selected course.
It may interest you to know that this scholarship is open to all, even those with disability and it also encourages women empowerment.
You must belong to these criteria to be eligible for the Australian Awards scholarship:
- You must be 18 years and above to qualify.
- You are expected to be a citizen of the participating countries.
- Australian citizens are not allowed to participate in this program.
- If you hold a permanent residency in Australia, or you are applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently, you are not allowed to participate too.
- Applicants should not be married, engaged or be a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold an Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- Applicants should not be in the military.
- Applicants should not be a former beneficiary of this program (even if they were, they must have resided outside Australia for eight years before reapplying).
- Applicants must not have any record of relating to criminal activities of any kind, or an ex-convict.
- Applicants must have satisfied specific criteria established by the program area or the government of the applicants’ countries of citizenship.
- Applicants must reach the requirements needed for the scholarship to be awarded.
- Applicants must satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a student visa.
- Applicants must not be applying for a lower academic level than the academic level they already obtained.
- Applicants must meet DFAT’s English language requirements.
This Australia Awards Scholarship is available for the applicants under the following type of courses or program:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET).
- Bachelor’s degree courses (Undergraduate program).
- Master’s degree courses.
- Doctorate programs (PhD).
The following requirements are needed to qualify for the Australian scholarship program:
- An applicant is expected to provide an English language result that meets the institution’s academic English language requirement test. The accepted English language tests include the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
- A copy of the applicant’s original formal degree graduation certificate.
- An original copy of academic transcripts.
- A copy of the applicant’s citizenship document (a passport or national identification card).
- An original copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Referee reports (one must be an academic referee report; the second can be from any other sector, preferably a work supervisor). Masters and PhD applicants must provide two academic referee reports.
- PhD applicants are expected to provide evidence that he/she has received in-principle support for their research topic from a potential supervisor.
Applicants are expected to take note of the following before applying for this scholarship program:
- Awardees are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the awardee refunding the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
- Awardees are responsible, financially and otherwise, for whoever accompanies them to Australia.
- Completions of studies already commenced in Australia are not supported by the Australia Awards Scholarship.
The following countries are eligible to participate in the Australia Award Scholarship:
In Asia, we have Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
In the Pacific region we have: Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
In the Middle East, we have just the Palestinian Territories.
The deadline for this scholarship differs from county to country.
To apply and to get more information concerning this scholarship program visit the DFAT official website at www.dfat.gov.au.s