The Federal government of Nigeria through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) has announced the commencement of Bilateral Education Agreement undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship programme for 2021/2022 academic session for all eligible candidates. The BEA scholarship application form is for all undergraduates and postgraduates within the age range of 17 – 27 years and 35 to 40 years respectively.
The BEA scholarship programme is for a few selected countries like Nigeria, Russia, China and a selected few within Africa, Europe and Asia with who Nigeria has a current bilateral trade agreement bindings.
In this post, I will be discussing everything about BEA scholarship form for 2021/2022 academic session, how to apply for BEA scholarship programme via Federal Scholarship Board portal, the registration procedures, eligibility requirements, required documents for both Undergraduates and postgraduate applicants, as well as the closing date of BEA scholarship programme.
In addition, not all programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels are availble. I will list the available disciplines that may apply for the BEA scholarship form for the 2021/2022 session.
Here I will simplify the process of applying for Bilateral Education Agreement SCHOLARSHIP programme in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous registration but got their applications denied for reasons best known to the board can equally gain form this information being posted here.
The BEA scholarship application for 2021/2022 application procedure is the same the previous year so you need not worry because it has all been simplified here. I have attached the application link so you could begin your application as soon as you are through with all necessary information.
Now I will guide you through the eligibility requirements for both postgraduate and undergraduate applicants. Then list out the required documents before taking you through the application steps.
Below are the countries for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. This simply means, should you be successful in your application either as an undergraduate or postgraduate candidate, the under-listed countries are your destination to further your education.
Undergraduate (UG) Studies
Postgraduate (PG) Studies
- Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia)
- South Korea, e.t.c.
The followings are the undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes that are currently being considered. If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student currently studying any of the listed courses below, you may apply.
Any Science course
Any Social Science course
Medicine (very limited),
All masters degree and Ph.D. programmes in all fields.
Please note that postgraduate diploma (PGD) students are not to apply.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only.
- Note that the age limit for BEA undergraduate scholarship programme is from 17 to 20 years
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme.
- Note that the age limit for BEA postgraduate scholarship programme is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
How To Apply for BEA Scholarship Application Form
As a fresh applicant, you are to first create an account and fill in the required information correctly. Follow the steps below;
STEP 1 – Click on Register.
STEP 2 – A fresh page will display requesting you to proceed with registration by login in with your username and password.
STEP 3 – You will be required to complete the followings;
- Complete your Biodata
- Complete your Parent/NOK Info
- Complete your SSCE details
- Complete your Academic Details
STEP 4 – Ensure you click the SAVE button on each page while filing the form.
STEP 5 – Upon completing the above forms, click on the submit button.
Click Here to start your application.
Note that you will be required to submit your academic transcript as part of the application process as failure to do so will be automatic disqualification of your form.
BEA Scholarship Form Closing Date
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is yet to announce the closing date for application. The registration is still open for interested candidate. You are advised to apply at your earliest possible convenience.
Are you satisfied with the above info?. If you have any question about Bilateral Education Agreement undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship for 2021/2022 academic session, please reach me via the comment section below and I will be glad to assist.