The much awaited University of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session has been released for sale. The University of Ibadan invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed professional postgraduate degree programmes of the University of Ibadan leading to the award of M.Sc, PGD and Ph.D in various disciplines.
UI Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Session
Below is the PDF link file for the current admission guide for all fresh postgraduate applicants. The guide contains all necessary information needed for your application, admission requirements for all postgraduate programmes, closing date of application and even up to the submission stage.
Before going ahead to apply, please read up the 16 things must know about UI postgraduate admission form
READ ALSO: Download UI POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME CURRENT ADMISSION GUIDE FOR 2022/2023 SESSION
University of Ibadan General Regulations Governing Admission to Higher Degree Programmes.
(a) Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate School on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
(b) Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
(c) Candidates with recognized “ Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or Ph.D. degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
(d) Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the Ph.D. degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme pending an assessment report. Such an assessment sh all be made by a panel set up by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on the recommendation of the student’s department and shall take place not later than the end of the first semester of registration.
UI Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
(a) The basic qualification for admission to all postgraduate Courses and Programmes is a first degree of the University of Ibadan or degree/Higher National Diploma of other recognized Institutions in the relevant discipline. Where qualifications are not strictly in the area of admission, remedial courses, which may lead to additional periods of studentship, may be prescribed.
In addition to individual Departmental requirements, applicants must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan i.e five ‘O’Level credit passes at ONE sitting or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings including English Language and subject areas for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Educational Management and Economics and at least a pass in Mathematics for other Social Science Courses OR Holder of NCE must have credit passes in WASC or credit or merit passes in TC II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant matriculation subjects.
(b) Candidates for the degree of M.Phil and Ph.D. are admitted in the first instance to the Degree of Master Programme. However, candidates who, in addition to a good first degree, and already holding acceptable postgraduate degrees, may be considered for direct admission to the
M. Phil and Ph.D. Programmes.
READ ALSO: List of UI Postgraduate Programmes
School of Business (UISB)
a) Master in Business Administration (MBA) – Executive
b) Master in Business Administration (MBA) – Full-Time or Part-Time
c) Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Full-Time or Part-Time.
Available areas of specialization;
Finance and Accounting
Entrepreneurship and Operations Management
Eligibility Requirements for Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University, with minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- OR HND (Upper Credit) or ACA, ACMA, AIBA, CIS, CIBN, ACTS etc at minimum of merit level.
- OR Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University, with Third Class or Pass, plus Postgraduate Diploma.
- HND (Lower Credit) from a recognized Institution, plus Postgraduate Diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University, with Third Class or Pass.
OR HND (Lower Credit) OR
ACA, ACMA, AIBA, CIS, CIBN, ACTS etc at minimum of merit level.
The executive MBA has been made flexible to accommodate the Business Executives to break their studies and be certified at every break.
How To Apply For UI Postgraduate Admission Form
Of course, interested candidates would be interested to know how they can apply for UI postgraduate admission form for this academic session.
We have provided complete details that would aid candidates in applying for PG form online with relative ease. For details on method of application, visit the University of Ibadan website: and click on University of Ibadan Postgraduate School Portal.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Admission Requirements for the Department of Food Tech.;
- Candidates with B.Sc degrees in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Microbiology, Nutrition, and Chemistry will be required to spend an additional 2 semesters on the programme”..
- The minimum duration for any Master programme in the University of Ibadan is three semesters of full-time study.
- In addition to individual departmental course requirements, candidates should please note that in accordance with the University’s regulation, they must satisfy the O’ level first degree matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan i.e. 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at ONE sitting or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Economics and Educational Management.
- Candidates with NCE must have credit passes in WASCE, NECO or merit or credit passes in Teacher Certificate Grade II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant
- With the exception of programmes that are both academic and professional (e.g. LLM, M.P.H., M.Inf.Sc., M.L.I.S., M.A.R.M., and M.P.C.S.) only candidates with an academic Master’s degree may be considered for higher academic programmes such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- PROFESSIONAL DEGREE MASTER OF TROPICAL VETERINARY MEDICINE (M.T.V.M.)
(Department of Veterinary Medicine)
(i) The Programme:
This programme consists of courses, taught over three semesters leading to the degree of Master of Tropical Veterinary Medicine,
(M.T.V.M.) in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, especially in the areas of diagnosis epidemiology, control of tropical diseases and animal production.
(ii) Admission Requirements:
The programme is designed for those with a first degree in Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M., B.V.Sc. or equivalents) from a recognized University. Preference will be given to applicants with at least three
years post-qualification expeience.
2. PROFESSIONAL DEGREE MASTER OF VETERINARY SCIENCE (M.V.Sc.)
(Department of Veterinary Medicine)
(i) The Programme
This programme consists of courses taught over three semester (full time) or five semesters (part time) leading to the degree of Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) in four major areas of food animal, small
and laboratory animal, poultry and fish medicines.
Emphases are placed on diagnosis, epidemiology and control of tropical diseases.
(ii) Admissions Requirements
The programme is designed for those with a first degree in Veterinary Medicine (B.V.M. & D.V.M., B.V.Sc. or equivalent) from this University or any other recognized by the Senate of this University.
UI Postgraduate Programmes – Types of Admission
(i) Full-Time Admission Candidates
Full – time admission can be offered only to candidates who satisfy the Postgraduate School that they are not in employment, or that they have been released by their employers to undertake full – time studies. Candidates found to have made a false declaration in th is regard shall be asked to withdraw from the University.
(ii) Part- Time Admission Candidates
Candidates may be admitted to part – time registration, if they are on the academic staff of the University or can satisfy the Postgraduate School that facilities for their work as part – time students are adequate. Candidates applying for part-time registration may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
(iii) Admission as Occasional Students
Candidates who satisfy the minimum entry requirements for higher degree programme and are recommended by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee may be admitted as occasional students, but shall not be awarded a degree of the University of Ibadan. This type of admission is also open to candidates registered for higher degrees of other Universities, recognized by Senate.
Cost of UI Postgraduate (PG) Form
UI postgraduate admission application form is N13,000 for academic programmes and N18,000 for professional programmes while cost of admission form for UI Business school is N25,000. Applicants for the degree of Master and Postgraduate Diploma are to pay an extra N3,000:00 for test of proficiency in English Language.
HOW TO FILL UI PG APPLICATION FORM
(a) All application forms are to be submitted on-line. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC.
(b) Incomplete information from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application.
(c) A candidate may apply to only one department or programme.
(d) Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically
(e) Acknowledgement of Application
Applicants would be informed electronically (through the e mail addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in the processing of their forms.
(f) Letters of Recommendation
The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work. Please note that the referee forms are a vailable on line, to be completed and submitted electronically.
(g ) Transcripts/Certificates
Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Postgraduate School . If the Registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference. To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
To start your application online, please click HERE.
- All interested candidates are expected to have a personal e-mail address which must not be shared with others for the purpose of this (If you wish to get an e-mail account free, please visit any of these sites: www.yahoo.com, www.hotmail.com, www.live.com, www.rocketmail.com, www.ymail.com, www.gmail.com or any other site that provides e-mail services.)
- The Postgraduate School, UI requires all applicants to have one telephone line to which text messages (SMS) could be
- All applicants are expected to be able to browse and check their e-mails from time to
- Carefully read the prospectus to verify that the programme you are seeking admission into, is available and you have the basic qualifications required for admission into the programme
- If you have questions about qualifications and programmes, Please call the information Officer on 09090561432, 09086464623 mail:il:email@example.com
- If you have found a programme that you wish to apply for and you have the required basic qualifications, please click the ‘New Application Process’ button
- Having satisfied step 1, each applicant would be requested to supply Names, Country of Origin, e-mail Address, phone number, country code and country of residence . A mail containing an application number and a password would be sent to the supplied e-mail address and the applicant would be requested to retrieve and supply these to confirm the e-mail (It is very important that each applicant supplies a valid and accessible e-mail address)
- Each applicant will then be required to select the programme he/she intends to apply for. An Invoice will be generated which you will pay at any branch of the banks listed on the invoice or pay online via the payment portal. (Foreigners would be expected to pay into the international account of the PG School specified on the invoice or use international cards ). Please note that if you are applying for the degree of Master or PGD, you would be required to take an English Proficiency test.
- Following payment the applicant can commence the application Please note that you would be asked to upload scanned copies of your credentials. The credentials would include the following:
- NYSC certificate or Call Up letter [if you are currently on the service] (if you are a Nigerian)
- Marriage Certificate (if you are female and married)
- Degree/ Diploma Certificate(s) (e.g. First Degree, Masters, HND, (Please note that if your certificate is not yet ready, you could select to supply an attestation letter in the meantime)
- O/A Level results – WAEC/GCE/NECO or certificates acceptable to the University of Ibadan
- Any professional certificate that you may possess
- Any other relevant documents to support your Application
- To facilitate the process you are advised to prepare the scanned copies of these documents as well as your passport photograph (600 pixel in length and 480 pixel in breath) . The minimum size for a page is 6KB while the maximum size is Only JPG, JPEG and PNG formats are accepted
- Applicants will be required to supply the names and e-mail addresses of 3 individuals who would serve as your referees, All 3(Three) MUST be your former teacher/lecturer upon submission of form online, referees would be contacted via e-mail and directed to our e-referee portal to supply the needed information
- After completion of all data entry, applicant will be required to review all information .All information may be corrected except the E-mail address and Country of Origin . Complaints are lodge directly with the Information Officer of the PG school
- Are you satisfied with the review? click the submit
- Print a copy of the Transcript Label to be sent along with your transcript request to your previous The Transcript Label must accompany to each transcript back to UI (UI graduates need not submit Transcript).
- Application forms are submitted Do not submit printed copies at PGSCHOOL until you are granted admission and invited for clearance.
- Applicant shall receive e-mail from the PG School on their application
- Applicants are advised to regularly log-on to the PG School Application portal to check on their application status.
UI Postgraduate Form Submission Deadline
The closing date for submission of all duly completed forms is exactly six (6) week (7th November, 2022) from the date of the publication of the 2022/2023 sale of PG form.
Best of luck to all applicants.
Kindly share the link on all social media platforms at your disposal because we found out many are in dire need of this form, this kind gesture would go a long way in helping others.
Any question regarding UI Postgraduate admission form, application procedures, eligibility and requirements for 2022/2023 academic session can be directed to us via the comments section as usual.