The University of Ibadan may boast of one the best postgraduate schools however It is not enough to go online and start apply for University of Ibadan (UI) postgraduate admission form just because of the affection you have towards the school or you being an HND or degree holder. Many PG candidates waste their time, energy and resources in applying for UI postgraduate programmes without knowing if they are eligible for the programme or not.
University of Ibadan till today has the most prestigious school of postgraduate studies, in fact it is listed among the top 10 best postgraduate schools in Nigeria which is the major reason many candidates upon hearing that UI postgraduate admission form is out, they rush at it without confirming the eligibility requirements or criteria for apply for the course they intend applying for. Most NYSC serving corps members too jump at it not knowing that UI will not accept serving corps members.
At the University of Ibadan (UI), postgraduate Diploma, Masters and PhD applicants have their distinct requirements though that is not the reason for this post, however, those that are interested in checking their course requirements which includes the required GPA (Grade Points Average) or CGPA (Cumulative Grade Points Average) can click HERE to download the PDF file.
UI postgraduate admission process can be made very simple only if you know these 16 requirements before apply for UI postgraduate admission form online upon announcement of it release by management the school of postgraduate studies.
DON’T MISS: UI Postgraduate Admission Form Is Out
16 Things You Must Know Before Applying For UI Postgraduate Admission Form Online
1) All interested candidates are expected to have a personal e-mail address which must not be shared with others for the purpose of this application. (If you wish to get an e-mail account free, please visit any of these sites: www.yahoo.com, www.hotmail.com, www.live.com, www.rocketmail.com, www.ymail.com, www.gmail.com or any other site that provides e-mail services.)
2) The Postgraduate School, UI requires all applicants to have one telephone line to which text messages (SMS) could be sent.
3) All applicants are expected to be able to browse and check their e-mails from time to time.
4) Carefully read the prospectus to verify that the programme you are seeking admission into, is available and you have the basic qualifications required for admission into the programme
5) If you have found a programme that you wish to apply for and you have the required basic qualifications, please click the ‘New Application Process’ button.
6) Upon satisfying Step 1, each applicant would be requested to supply Names, Country of Origin, e-mail Address, phone number, country code and country of residence . A mail containing an application number and a password would be sent to the supplied e-mail address and the applicant would be requested to retrieve and supply these to confirm the e-mail Address. (It is very important that each applicant supplies a valid and accessible e-mail address)
7) Each applicant will then be required to select the programme he/she intends to apply for. An Invoice will be generated which you will pay at any branch of the banks listed on the invoice or pay online via the payment portal. (Foreigners would be expected to pay into the international account of the PG School specified on the invoice or use international cards ).
Please Note: If you are applying for the degree of Master or PGD, you would be required to take an English Proficiency test.
8) Following payment the applicant can commence the application procedure. Please note that you would be asked to upload scanned copies of your credentials. The credentials would include:
- NYSC certificate or Call Up letter [if you are currently on the service] (if you are a Nigerian)
- Marriage Certificate (if you are female and married)
- Degree/ Diploma Certificate(s) (e.g. First Degree, Masters, HND, (Please note that if your certificate is not yet ready, you could select to supply an attestation letter in the meantime)
- O/A Level results – WAEC/GCE/NECO or certificates acceptable to the University of Ibadan
- Any professional certificate that you may possess
- Any other relevant documents to support your Application
9) To facilitate the process you are advised to prepare the scanned copies of these documents as well as your passport photograph (600 pixel in length and 480 pixel in breath) . The minimum size for a page is 6KB while the maximum size is 200KB. Only JPG, JPEG and PNG formats are accepted
10) Applicants will be required to supply the names and e-mail addresses of 3 individuals who would serve as your referees, All 3 (Three) MUST be your former teacher/lecturer upon submission of form online, referees would be contacted via e-mail and directed to our e-referee portal to supply the needed information
11) After completion of all data entry, applicant will be required to review all information. All information may be corrected except the E-mail address and Country of Origin . Complaints are lodge directly with the Information Officer of the PG school
13) When you are done with the above, then you can click the submit form button.
14) Upon submission of the PG form online, you will be required to print a copy of the Transcript Label to be sent along with your transcript request to your previous School. The Transcript Label must accompany to each transcript back to UI (UI graduates need not submit Transcript).
15) Application forms are submitted online. DO NOT submit printed copies at PGSCHOOL until you are granted admission and invited for clearance.
16) Applicant shall receive e-mail from the PG School on their application status. Applicants are advised to regularly log-on to the PG School Application portal to check on their application status.
With the above information at your disposal, your UI postgraduate registration form process will be free from errors and this gives you a better chance of gaining admission into UI school of postgraduate studies. You may regards this as an admission requirements but many points listed here are not readily available to fresh applicants which is why most of you have problems when applying and submitting your postgraduate forms online and to the PG school.
Hope this was helpful? if you have questions as regards what you must know before applying for UI postgraduate form online, please reach us via the comment box below and we shall respond accordingly.
Best of luck to all fresh applicants.