Tourism Studies O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Tourism Studies are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Tourism Studies makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Tourism Studies in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Tourism Studies and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Tourism Studies in our universities and polytechnics.
Tourism Studies is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Tourism Studies or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Tourism Studies but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Tourism Studies are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Tourism Studies in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Tourism Studies
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Tourism Studies (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Tourism Studies in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Tourism Studies
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR TOURISM STUDIES
Also, in the quest to study Tourism Studies, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Tourism Studies as a course. Say for example; the four (4) universities listed below are not just known for studying Tourism Studies but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING TOURISM STUDIES
Studying Tourism Studies as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Tourism Studies before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Tourism Studies:
- ND/HND in relevant programmes.
- Degree/HND not relevant to the programme.
UTME Subject combination for Tourism Studies:
- Mathematics, Economics and any other subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR TOURISM STUDIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 235 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Tourism Studies due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 235 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING TOURISM STUDIES
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Tourism Studies and the JAMB approved subject combination for Tourism Studies as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.