The English Studies O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering English Studies are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for English Studies makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study English Studies in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study English Studies and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying English Studies in our universities and polytechnics.
English Studies is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, English Studies or the list of universities in Nigeria offering English Studies but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering English Studies are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying English Studies in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying English Studies
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study English Studies (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for English Studies in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers English Studies
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR ENGLISH STUDIES
Also, in the quest to study English Studies, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying English Studies as a course. Say for example; the three (3) universities listed below are not just known for studying English Studies but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING ENGLISH STUDIES
Studying English Studies as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Literature in English and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying English Studies before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for English Studies:
- Two (2) A Level passes to include Literature in English and one other Arts subject.
UTME Subject combination for English Studies:
- Literature in English, one other Arts subject and another Arts or Social Science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR ENGLISH STUDIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying English Studies due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING ENGLISH STUDIES
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying English Studies and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for English Studies as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.