The French O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering French are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for French makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study French in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study French and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying French in our universities and polytechnics.
French is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study French or the list of universities in Nigeria offering French but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering French are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying French in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying French
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study French (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for French in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers French
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FRENCH
Also, in the quest to study French, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying French as a course. Say for example; the forty six (46) universities listed below are not just known for studying French but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FRENCH
Studying French as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including French and English Language plus one other Arts subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying French before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for French:
- Two (2) A Level passes including French and one other Arts subject.
UTME Subject combination for French:
- French and any other two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
CUT OFF MARK FOR FRENCH
It is advised that prospective students score up to 210 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying French due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 210 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FRENCH
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- CROWN HILL UNIVERSITY, EIYENKORIN, KWARA STATE – CROWN-HILL
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE – SAU
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying French and the JAMB approved subject combination for French as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.