Secretarial Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Secretarial Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Secretarial Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Secretarial Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Secretarial Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Secretarial Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Secretarial Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Secretarial Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Secretarial Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Secretarial Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Secretarial Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Secretarial Education.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Secretarial Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Secretarial Education in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Secretarial Education.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SECRETARIAL EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Secretarial Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Secretarial Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Secretarial Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SECRETARIAL EDUCATION
Studying Secretarial Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit to include English Language, Economics and any two(2) of Government, Geography/Physics, Accounting, Business Methods, History, Shorthand, Mathematics, Commerce, Principles of Accounts, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Secretarial Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Secretarial Education:
- NCE Business Education Social Studies Secretarial Education Major.
- Two (2) A Level passes in Business Method and any other Social Science subject and O’level pass in Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Secretarial Education:
- Economics and any two (2) Social Science subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR SECRETARIAL EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Secretarial Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SECRETARIAL EDUCATION
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Secretarial Education and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Secretarial Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.