Yoruba O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Yoruba are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Yoruba makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Yoruba in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Yoruba and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Yoruba in our universities and polytechnics.
Yoruba is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Yoruba or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Yoruba but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Yoruba are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Yoruba in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Yoruba.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Yoruba (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Yoruba in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Yoruba.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR YORUBA
Also, in the quest to study Yoruba, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Yoruba as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Yoruba but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING YORUBA
Studying Yoruba as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Yoruba and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Yoruba before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Yoruba:
- Two (2) A Level passes to include Yoruba or Literature in English.
UTME Subject combination for Yoruba:
- Yoruba and two (2) other subjects in Arts or Social Science
CUT OFF MARK FOR YORUBA
It is advised that prospective students score up to 220 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Yoruba due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 220 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING YORUBA
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Yoruba and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Yoruba as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.