Science Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Science Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Science Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Science Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Science Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Science Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Science Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Science Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Science Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Science Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Science Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Science Education.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Science Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Science Education in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Science Education.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Science Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Science Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Science Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SCIENCE EDUCATION
Studying Science Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics and two (2) other Science subjects.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Science Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Science Education:
- Two (2) A Level passes in relevant Science subjects which should include candidates proposed course.
- NCE credit/merit in addition to TC II merit or O’level credit in relevant subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Science Education:
- Three (3) relevant Science or NBC subjects
CUT OFF MARK FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Science Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SCIENCE EDUCATION
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ENUGU STATE COL OF EDUC.(TECH), ENUGU (AFFL TO NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIV, AWKA) – ESCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – RENAISSANCE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Science Education and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Science Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.