Pharmacology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Pharmacology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Pharmacology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Pharmacology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Pharmacology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Pharmacology in our universities and polytechnics.
Pharmacology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Pharmacology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Pharmacology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Pharmacology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Pharmacology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Pharmacology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Pharmacology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Pharmacology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Pharmacology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PHARMACOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Pharmacology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Pharmacology as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Pharmacology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PHARMACOLOGY
Studying Pharmacology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Pharmacology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Pharmacology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in any of Physics, Chemistry and Biology plus UTME entry requirement.
UTME Subject combination for Pharmacology:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PHARMACOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Pharmacology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PHARMACOLOGY
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- EKO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE – EKO-UNI
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Pharmacology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Pharmacology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.