Meteorology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Meteorology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Meteorology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Meteorology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Meteorology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Meteorology in our universities and polytechnics.
Meteorology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Meteorology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Meteorology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Meteorology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Meteorology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Meteorology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Meteorology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Meteorology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Meteorology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR METEOROLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Meteorology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Meteorology as a course. Say for example; the university listed below is not just known for studying Meteorology but can be regarded as the best school for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING METEOROLOGY
Studying Meteorology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English, Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Meteorology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Meteorology:
- ND upper credit in Meteorology in addition to the O’level requirements. OR
- (ii)WMO Class II Certificate in Weather Forecasting in addition to the O’level requirements.
- A Level passes in Mathematics and Physics in addition to the SSC requirements.
UTME Subject combination for Meteorology:
- Biology, Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR METEOROLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Meteorology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING METEOROLOGY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Meteorology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Meteorology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.