Medicine and Surgery O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Medicine and Surgery are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Medicine and Surgery makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Medicine and Surgery in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Medicine and Surgery and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Medicine and Surgery in our universities and polytechnics.
Medicine and Surgery is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Medicine and Surgery or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Medicine and Surgery but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Medicine and Surgery are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Medicine and Surgery in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Medicine and Surgery.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Medicine and Surgery (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Medicine and Surgery in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Medicine and Surgery.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Also, in the quest to study Medicine and Surgery, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Medicine and Surgery as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Medicine and Surgery but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Studying Medicine and Surgery as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Medicine and Surgery before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Medicine and Surgery:
- A Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements. (ii) BSC, BOS, etc in relevant programme.
UTME Subject combination for Medicine and Surgery:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
CUT OFF MARK FOR MEDICINE AND SURGERY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 265 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Medicine and Surgery due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 265 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE – EKO-UNI
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja – NILE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Medicine and Surgery and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Medicine and Surgery as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.