Horticulture O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Horticulture are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Horticulture makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Horticulture in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Horticulture and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Horticulture in our universities and polytechnics.
Horticulture is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Horticulture or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Horticulture but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Horticulture are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Horticulture in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Horticulture
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Horticulture (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Horticulture in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Horticulture
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HORTICULTURE
Also, in the quest to study Horticulture, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Horticulture as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Horticulture but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HORTICULTURE
Studying Horticulture as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Agric Science.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Horticulture before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Horticulture:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Biology, Agricultural Science, Botany and Zoology.
UTME Subject combination for Horticulture:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and one (1) of Mathematics, Geography, Economics or Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR HORTICULTURE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Horticulture due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HORTICULTURE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Horticulture and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Horticulture as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.