Health Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Health Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Health Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Health Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Health Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Health Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Health Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Health Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Health Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Health Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Health Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Health Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Health Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Health Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Health Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HEALTH EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Health Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Health Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Health Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HEALTH EDUCATION
Studying Health Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and one other subject
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Health Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Health Education:
- Two (2) A Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social work, Health Administration with overall grades of merit plus three (3) O Level credit passes/TC II merit which should include English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a pass grade plus two (2) O’level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language.
UTME Subject combination for Health Education:
- English Language, Biology and any two(2) relevant subjects
CUT OFF MARK FOR HEALTH EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Health Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HEALTH EDUCATION
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – EACOE-DEG
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERA, NSUKKA) – EDALV
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UNIMAID) – EDYOLA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – IKERE-EKITI
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILA-ORANGUN (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNI, ADO EKITI) – ILA-ORANGUN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KASHIM IBRAHIM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MAIDUGURI , BORNO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIMAID) – KICOE-DEG
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- KWARARAFA UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE – KWARARAFA
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WAKA-BIU, BORNO STATE (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI) – WAKABIU-DEG
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Health Education and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Health Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.