BUK part time courses and admission requirements for the current academic session has been published by the Bayero University’s School of Continuing Education (SCE), the office in charge of part time studies and administration in Bayero University, Kano. This information is very vital for candidates who are interested in furthering continuing their education at BUK via their part time degree programme.
Bayero University Kano, Centre part time programme is one of the best in the north, hence the high volume of application form every academic session from applicants.
Most times candidates seeking admission into BUK via part time confuse the full time courses for part time courses. They just assume that any course offered in BUK undergraduate full time degree programme is equally offered under BUK School of Continuing Education (SCE) but this is not always the scenario.
UTME students that selected BUK in their UTME and could not gain admission now go for part time programmes and the good news is that the certificate awarded to part time graduates is exactly the same with full time degree programme so there is no discrimination.
BUK part time courses for this semester have been listed below, however, some courses offered in full time are not available in part time programmes due to time constraints.
Here, courses under the faculty of education are the most applied courses under part time studies in BUK. There are also part time courses under faculty of social sciences but quite few in number. Part time programmes are only available under faculty of social sciences and education.
Do you know that you do not require JAMB in order to gain admission into BUK part time degree programmes, all that is required is to get your correct O’level results and must be at least 25 years of age to be qualified to purchase BUK part time admission form. In the cause of writing this article, we shall also provide the approved entry admission requirements to study any of the part-time courses offered in BUK as at today.
Most candidates or applicants often complain using the following statements “the course i applied for was not given to me, what should I do? i met all the admission requirements yet i was not offered admission, how do I apply for BUK part time degree programme? what are the part time courses offered in BUK, what are the requirements to apply for BUK part time degree programme?, what is BUK part time admission cut off mark?
The above questions have one answer which is, meeting the admission requirements. Any candidate that does meet the BUK part time admission requirement automatically is not eligible for admission and there are no two ways about it.
One common requirement for BUK part-time courses is that they all require O’level results with at least five (5) credit passes which must include English language and mathematics and any other three (3) O’Level subjects as it relates to their course of study. See below for full requirements according to BUK part time school.
BUK Part Time Admission Requirements
- Candidate must possess a recognized Advanced Level qualifications in areas relevant to the programmes. Such qualifications include National Diploma (ND), Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE), Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) certificate – (with minimum of 6 points), Nursing Certificate, Diploma in Health Education, Diploma in Community Health, Diploma in Environmental Health, General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level and any other equivalent and relevant qualification (s).
- Possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits in relevant subjects, including English Language;
- Candidate must be at least 25 years old and above to be eligible to apply.
- In addition, applicants for admission into B.Sc Accounting, B.Sc Business Administration, B.Sc Mathematics, B.Sc (Ed) Mathematics, and B.Sc (Ed) Economics must also have credits in ‘O’ Level Mathematics, while candidates for B.Nursing Science and B.Sc. Health Education must have credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Candidates with only `O’ level qualifications will not be considered.
List of Part time Courses Offered In BUK
B.A. (Ed) Adult Education
B.A. (Ed) Arabic
B.Sc. Business Administration
B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
B.Sc. (Ed) Economics
B.A. (Ed) English
B.Sc. (Ed) Geography
B.A. (Ed) Hausa
B.Sc. Health Education
B.Sc. International Relations
B.A. (Ed) Islamic Studies
B.A. Islamic Studies
B.LS. Library Science
B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
B.NSc Nursing Science
B.Sc. Public Administration
All prospective students are to note that the list of part time courses offered in BUK as well as the various course requirements must be first confirmed before obtaining and applying for BUK part time application form as this would help you to know if you are qualified for applying or not.
Hope this well understood? we are open to questions if you have any as regards BUK part time courses as well as the admission requirements, please reach us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.