Marine Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Marine Engineering are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Marine Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Marine Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Marine Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Marine Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Marine Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Marine Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Marine Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Marine Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Marine Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Marine Engineering
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Marine Engineering (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Marine Engineering in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Marine Engineering
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR MARINE ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Marine Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Marine Engineering as a course. Say for example; the six (6) universities listed below are not just known for studying Marine Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING MARINE ENGINEERING
Studying Marine Engineering as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and one Science subject .
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Marine Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Marine Engineering:
- A Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/HND upper credit at appropriate levels.
UTME Subject combination for Marine Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR MARINE ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Marine Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MARINE ENGINEERING
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE – MARITIME-UNI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Marine Engineering and the JAMB approved subject combination for Marine Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.