This is to inform the general public that the management of UNILAG school of postgraduate studies is currently receiving applications from suitably qualified candidates from any recognized institution in Nigeria or outside the shores of the country for admission into her various PG programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet the recommended admission requirements for their selected postgraduate course. In the course of reading this post you will see the admission requirements for all available Masters, PGD and Ph.D programmes for this session.
UNILAG Postgraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
Before starting your application, you’re advised to check out the list of available PG programmes for admission into the University of Lagos.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Requirements
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
Admission Requirements For M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
How To Apply for UNILAG PG Admission Form
Step 1 – Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal via http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
Step 2 – Click the 2022/2023 Applications link
Step 3 – Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course;
Step 4 – Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu;
Step 5 – Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice);
Step 6 – Proceed to make payment of the sum of ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the Pay Nowlink to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
Step 7 – After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
Step 8 – Click the 2022/2023 Application link, then “Continue Application” link.
Step 9 – Login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password;
Step 10 – Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.);
Step 11 – Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO COMPLETE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE FULLY COMPLETED THE FORM, PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A ₦1,000 CHARGE).
- Please note that after submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required as a means of identification at the examination venue)
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:
– Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results)
– NYSC Certificate
– Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. OR send an email to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the above is well understood? if you have any question as regards UNILAG postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 academic session, kindly reach me via our comment section below and I will respond to all questions.
Good luck in your application.