Electrical/Electronics Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Electrical/Electronics Engineering) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Electrical/Electronics Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Electrical/Electronics Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Electrical/Electronics Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Electrical/Electronics Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Electrical/Electronics Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Electrical/Electronics Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Electrical/Electronics Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Electrical/Electronics Engineering in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Electrical/Electronics Engineering
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Electrical/Electronics Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering as a course. Say for example; The universities listed below are not just known for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Electrical/Electronics Engineering in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other Science subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING:
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE– AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE– ABSU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE– ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE– ACHIEVERS
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE– AFIT-DEG
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE– AJAYI
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE– AKSU
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE– AUE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE– BAUCHI
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT– BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE– BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– BENIN
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, BIDA, NIGER STATE (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA) – BIDA-DEG
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE– BOWEN
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE– CARITAS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Electrical/Electronics Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.