Teacher Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Teacher Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Teacher Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Teacher Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Teacher Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Teacher Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Teacher Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Teacher Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Teacher Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Teacher Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Teacher Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Teacher Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Teacher Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Teacher Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Teacher Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR TEACHER EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Teacher Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Teacher Education as a course. Say for example; the only (1) university listed below is not just known for studying Teacher Education but can be regarded as the best school for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING TEACHER EDUCATION
Studying Teacher Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Five (5) TC II merit including English Language and Mathematics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Teacher Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Teacher Education:
- Two (2) A Level passes from Literature in English, History, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo with O’level pass in Mathematics.
- NCE merit in the subjects listed above.
UTME Subject combination for Teacher Education:
- Any three (3) of Literature in English, History, French, Geography/Physics, Economics and Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR TEACHER EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 220 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Teacher Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 220 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING TEACHER EDUCATION
- AUGUSTINES COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AKOKA, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – SACOED B.ED
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Teacher Education and the JAMB approved subject combination for Teacher Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.