Vocational Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Vocational Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Vocational Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Vocational Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Vocational Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Vocational Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Vocational Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Vocational Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Vocational Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Vocational Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Vocational Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Vocational Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Vocational Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Vocational Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Vocational Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Vocational Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Vocational Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Vocational Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
Studying Vocational Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
Agricultural Technical Education
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English, Mathematics. Chemistry, Agricultural Science and Geography/Physics or TC Grade II.
- Home Economics
Five (5) O Level credit passes in English, Mathematics., Home Economics and any two (2) of Management, Biology, Chemistry, and Clothing and Textiles
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Vocational Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Vocational Education:
Agricultural Technical Education
- NCE credit in Agricultural Science Education DM
- ND upper credit in Agricultural Science
- HND lower Credit in relevant programme of Agricultural Science.
- NCE merit in Home Economics.
- ND lower credit in Home Economics.
UTME Subject combination for Vocational Education:
- Mathematics, Economics plus one (1) of Literature in English, History, Government, Geography/Physics, Chemistry and Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Vocational Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Vocational Education and the JAMB approved subject combination for Vocational Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.