Soil Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Soil Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Soil Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Soil Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Soil Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Soil Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Soil Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Soil Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Soil Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Soil Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Soil Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Soil Science
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Soil Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Soil Science in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Soil Science
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SOIL SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Soil Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Soil Science as a course. Say for example; the sixteen (16) universities listed below are not just known for studying Soil Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SOIL SCIENCE
Studying Soil Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Soil Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Soil Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
UTME Subject combination for Soil Science:
- Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR SOIL SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Soil Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SOIL SCIENCE
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Soil Science and the JAMB approved subject combination for Soil Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.