Technical Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Technical Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Technical Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Technical Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Technical Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Technical Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Technical Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Technical Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Technical Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Technical Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Technical Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Technical Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Technical Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Technical Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Technical Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Technical Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Technical Education as a course. Say for example; the twenty four (24) universities listed below are not just known for studying Technical Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Studying Technical Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics or NTC/NBC.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Technical Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Technical Education:
- NCE merit in two (2) relevant Science subjects plus the UTME requirements.
- Two A-Level passes in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
UTME Subject combination for Technical Education:
- Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 235 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Technical Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 235 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AKWA IBOM STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AFAHA-NSIT NSIT (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF UYO) – AKSCOE-DEG
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – EACOE-DEG
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION(TECH.)UMUNZE, P.M.B. 0189, ANAMBRA”>EDUMUNZ
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE COL OF EDUC.(TECH), ENUGU (AFFL TO NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIV, AWKA) – ESCOE
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS) – FC-PANKSHIN
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Technical Education and the JAMB approved subject combination for Technical Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.