Plant Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Plant Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Plant Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Plant Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Plant Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Plant Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Plant Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Plant Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Plant Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Plant Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Plant Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Plant Science.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Plant Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Plant Science in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Plant Science.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PLANT SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Plant Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Plant Science as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Plant Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PLANT SCIENCE
Studying Plant Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Plant Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Plant Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Biology/Botany/Zoology and Chemistry or Physics.
UTME Subject combination for Plant Science:
- English Language, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PLANT SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Plant Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PLANT SCIENCE
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Plant Science and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Plant Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.