Sport Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Sport Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Sport Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Sport Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Sport Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
Sport Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Sport Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Sport Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Sport Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Sport Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Sport Science
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Sport Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Sport Science in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Sport Science
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SPORT SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Sport Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Sport Science as a course. Say for example; the only (1) university listed below is not just known for studying Sport Science but can be regarded as the best school for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SPORT SCIENCE
Studying Sport Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level Credit passes to include English Language and any two (2) of Biology, Economics, Geography, Government and Mathematics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Sport Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Sport Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in any of the followings: (i) Economics, Geography, Biology, Chemistry Mathematics and Physics.
- (ii) NCE in PHE with Grade three (3) Referees Certificate in a sport.
UTME Subject combination for Sport Science:
- Biology, Mathematics and Economics/Geography
CUT OFF MARK FOR SPORT SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 235 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Sport Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 235 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SPORT SCIENCE
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Sport Science and the JAMB approved subject combination for Sport Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.