Sociology and Anthropology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Sociology and Anthropology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Sociology and Anthropology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Sociology and Anthropology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Sociology and Anthropology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Sociology and Anthropology in our universities and polytechnics.
Sociology and Anthropology is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Sociology and Anthropology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Sociology and Anthropology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Sociology and Anthropology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Sociology and Anthropology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Sociology and Anthropology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Sociology and Anthropology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Sociology and Anthropology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Sociology and Anthropology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Sociology and Anthropology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Sociology and Anthropology as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Sociology and Anthropology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
Studying Sociology and Anthropology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, History/Government/Economics one Science subject and any Arts or Social Science subject. .
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Sociology and Anthropology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Sociology and Anthropology:
- Two (2) A Level passes including Government or History.
UTME Subject combination for Sociology and Anthropology:
- English Language, Government/ History plus two other Social Sciences/Arts subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Sociology and Anthropology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Sociology and Anthropology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Sociology and Anthropology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.