Petroleum Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Petroleum Engineering are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Petroleum Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Petroleum Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Petroleum Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Petroleum Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Petroleum Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Petroleum Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Petroleum Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Petroleum Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Petroleum Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Petroleum Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Petroleum Engineering (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Petroleum Engineering in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Petroleum Engineering.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Petroleum Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Petroleum Engineering as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Petroleum Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
Studying Petroleum Engineering as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Petroleum Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Petroleum Engineering:
- A Level passes to include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Petroleum Engineering:
- English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Petroleum Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – TECH-IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Petroleum Engineering and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Petroleum Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.