Plant Biology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Plant Biology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Plant Biology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Plant Biology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Plant Biology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Plant Biology in our universities and polytechnics.
Plant Biology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Plant Biology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Plant Biology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Plant Biology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Plant Biology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Plant Biology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Plant Biology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Plant Biology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Plant Biology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PLANT BIOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Plant Biology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Plant Biology as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Plant Biology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PLANT BIOLOGY
Studying Plant Biology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Plant Biology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Plant Biology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Biology/Botany/Zoology and Chemistry or Physics.
UTME Subject combination for Plant Biology:
- English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PLANT BIOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Plant Biology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PLANT BIOLOGY
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Plant Biology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Plant Biology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.