Land Surveying O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Land Surveying are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Land Surveying makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Land Surveying in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Land Surveying and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Land Surveying in our universities and polytechnics.
Land Surveying is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Land Surveying or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Land Surveying but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Land Surveying are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Land Surveying in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Land Surveying
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Land Surveying (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Land Surveying in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Land Surveying
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR LAND SURVEYING
Also, in the quest to study Land Surveying, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Land Surveying as a course. Say for example; the four (4) universities listed below are not just known for studying Land Surveying but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING LAND SURVEYING
Studying Land Surveying as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging , Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Land Surveying before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Land Surveying:
- Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
UTME Subject combination for Land Surveying:
- Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR LAND SURVEYING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Land Surveying due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING LAND SURVEYING
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Land Surveying and the JAMB approved subject combination for Land Surveying as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.