Petroleum Chemistry O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Petroleum Chemistry are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Petroleum Chemistry makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Petroleum Chemistry in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Petroleum Chemistry and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Petroleum Chemistry in our universities and polytechnics.
Petroleum Chemistry is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Petroleum Chemistry or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Petroleum Chemistry but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Petroleum Chemistry are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Petroleum Chemistry in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Petroleum Chemistry.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Petroleum Chemistry (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Petroleum Chemistry in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Petroleum Chemistry.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY
Also, in the quest to study Petroleum Chemistry, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Petroleum Chemistry as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Petroleum Chemistry but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY
Studying Petroleum Chemistry as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Petroleum Chemistry before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Petroleum Chemistry:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology.
- ND/NCE with good grades in relevant O’level subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Petroleum Chemistry:
- English Language, Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology and Mathematic.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Petroleum Chemistry due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – AUN.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Petroleum Chemistry and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Petroleum Chemistry as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.