Library Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Library Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Library Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Library Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Library Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Library Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Library Science is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Library Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Library Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Library Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Library Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Library Science
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Library Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Library Science in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Library Science
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR LIBRARY SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Library Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Library Science as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Library Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING LIBRARY SCIENCE
Studying Library Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English, Mathematics, Literature in English, Government and History
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Library Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Library Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in relevant subject plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE merit in relevant subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Library Science:
- English Language, Literature in English, Government, History or any other arts or social science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR LIBRARY SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 220 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Library Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 220 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING LIBRARY SCIENCE
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – ADELEKE UNIVERSITY.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Library Science and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Library Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.