Nursing/Nursing Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Nursing/Nursing Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Nursing/Nursing Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Nursing/Nursing Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Nursing/Nursing Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Nursing/Nursing Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Nursing/Nursing Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Nursing/Nursing Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Nursing/Nursing Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Nursing/Nursing Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Nursing/Nursing Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Nursing/Nursing Science.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Nursing/Nursing Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Nursing/Nursing Science in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Nursing/Nursing Science.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Nursing/Nursing Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Nursing/Nursing Science as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Nursing/Nursing Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
Studying Nursing/Nursing Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Nursing/Nursing Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Nursing/Nursing Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Biology/ Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus three (3) other O’level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and English Language.
- NRN or its approved equivalent plus five (5) O Level credit passes in English Language and four (4) Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science.
UTME Subject combination for Nursing/Nursing Science:
- English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
CUT OFF MARK FOR NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Nursing/Nursing Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA, ABIA STATE – RHEMA
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Nursing/Nursing Science and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Nursing/Nursing Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.