Linguistics O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Linguistics are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Linguistics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Linguistics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Linguistics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Linguistics in our universities and polytechnics.
Linguistics is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Linguistics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Linguistics but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Linguistics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Linguistics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Linguistics
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Linguistics (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Linguistics in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Linguistics
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR LINGUISTICS
Also, in the quest to study Linguistics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Linguistics as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Linguistics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING LINGUISTICS
Studying Linguistics as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English, Mathematics, Literature in English, Government and one Nigerian Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Linguistics before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Linguistics:
- Two (2) A Level passes or NCE to include any Language, preferably an African Language.
- Two A Level passes in Arts Subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Linguistics:
- English Language, Any Language and two (2) other subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR LINGUISTICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Linguistics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING LINGUISTICS
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Linguistics and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Linguistics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.