Performing Arts O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Performing Arts are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Performing Arts makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Performing Arts in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Performing Arts and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Performing Arts in our universities and polytechnics.
Performing Arts is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Performing Arts or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Performing Arts but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Performing Arts are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Performing Arts in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Performing Arts.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Performing Arts (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Performing Arts in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Performing Arts.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PERFORMING ARTS
Also, in the quest to study Performing Arts, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Performing Arts as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Performing Arts but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PERFORMING ARTS
Studying Performing Arts as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and Arts subjects.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Performing Arts before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Performing Arts:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Performing Arts:
- English Language, Literature in English and two (2) other relevant subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PERFORMING ARTS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Performing Arts due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PERFORMING ARTS
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE – ELIZADE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Performing Arts and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Performing Arts as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.