Language and Linguistics O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Language and Linguistics are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Language and Linguistics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Language and Linguistics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Language and Linguistics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Language and Linguistics in our universities and polytechnics.
Language and Linguistics is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Language and Linguistics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Language and Linguistics but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Language and Linguistics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Language and Linguistics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Language and Linguistics
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Language and Linguistics (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Language and Linguistics in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Language and Linguistics
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS
Also, in the quest to study Language and Linguistics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Language and Linguistics as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Language and Linguistics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS
Studying Language and Linguistics as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and Literature in English.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Language and Linguistics before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Language and Linguistics:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Literature in English and any other Arts subject.
UTME Subject combination for Language and Linguistics:
- English Language, Literature in English, one other Arts subject and another Arts or Social Science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Language and Linguistics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Language and Linguistics and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Language and Linguistics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.