Information Systems O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Information Systems are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Information Systems makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Information Systems in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Information Systems and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Information Systems in our universities and polytechnics.
Information Systems is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Information Systems or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Information Systems but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Information Systems are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Information Systems in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Information Systems
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Information Systems (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Information Systems in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Information Systems
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Also, in the quest to study Information Systems, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Information Systems as a course. Say for example; the three (3) universities listed below are not just known for studying Information Systems but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Studying Information Systems as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics plus two (2) other Science subjects.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Information Systems before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Information Systems:
- Two (2) A Level passes in science subjects including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other Science or Social Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Information Systems:
- Mathematics, Physics and one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics and Geography.
CUT OFF MARK FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Information Systems due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Information Systems and the JAMB approved subject combination for Information Systems as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.