The Igbo O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Igbo are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Igbo makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Igbo in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Igbo and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Igbo in our universities and polytechnics.
Igbo is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Igbo or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Igbo but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Igbo are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Igbo in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Igbo
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Igbo (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Igbo in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Igbo
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR IGBO
Also, in the quest to study Igbo, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Igbo as a course. Say for example; the eight (8) universities listed below are not just known for studying Igbo but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING IGBO
Studying Igbo as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Igbo, English Language and any other Arts subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Igbo before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Igbo:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Igbo and one (1) Arts/Social Sciences subject.
- NCE in Igbo and one Arts subject.
UTME Subject combination for Igbo:
- Igbo and two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
CUT OFF MARK FOR IGBO
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Igbo due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING IGBO
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Igbo and the JAMB approved subject combination for Igbo as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.