Home Economics and Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Home Economics and Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Home Economics and Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Home Economics and Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Home Economics and Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Home Economics and Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Home Economics and Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Home Economics and Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Home Economics and Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Home Economics and Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Home Economics and Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Home Economics and Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Home Economics and Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Home Economics and Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Home Economics and Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Home Economics and Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Home Economics and Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Home Economics and Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
Studying Home Economics and Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in NTC/NBC credit passes or TC II merit including English Language, Mathematics, Home Economics, Biology and Chemistry.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Home Economics and Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Home Economics and Education:
- NCE merit in Home Economics
- A Level passes in two (2) of Chemistry or any Biology, Botany and Agricultural Science.
- ND/HND credit in Home Economics or Food Science or Hotel and Catering Management or any other related Programme.
UTME Subject combination for Home Economics and Education:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and one (1) other subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Home Economics and Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE) – ADEYEMIDEG
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AKWANGA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA) – CE-AKWANGA
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), AKOKA, (AFFL TO UNIBEN, BENIN) – EDAKOKA
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERA, NSUKKA) – EDALV
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), ASABA (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF BENIN) – EDASAB
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH), GUSAU, (AFFL TO ABU ZARIA), ZAMFARA STATE – EDGUSAU(T)
- SAADATU RIMI COLLEGE OF EDU, KUMBOTSO, KANO STATE (AFFILIATED TO ABU, ZARIA) – EDKANO-2
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH.) ,OMOKU, RIVERS STATE.”>EDOMOK
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION(TECH.)UMUNZE, P.M.B. 0189, ANAMBRA”>EDUMUNZ
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – EDZAR
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ABEOKUTA (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – FC-ABEOKUTA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), GOMBE STATE (AFFL TO ATBU, BAUCHI) – FC-GOMBE
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KONTAGORA, NIGER STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – FC-KONTAGORA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS) – FC-PANKSHIN
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GIDAN-WAYA, KADUNA STATE (AFFLIATTED TO ABU) – GIDANWAYA-DEG
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – IKERE-EKITI
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA-ALA, BENUE STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – KAT-ALA DEG
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- MICHAEL OTEDOLA COL OF PRIMARY EDUC. EPE, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – MOCPEN
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MINNA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – NSCOE
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – NSUGBE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA) – SHAGARI
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFLIATED TO DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA) – WARRI
- YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, YABA, LAGOS STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIG, NSUKKA) – YABA-DEG
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Home Economics and Education and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Home Economics and Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.