Mechanical Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Mechanical Engineering are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Mechanical Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Mechanical Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Mechanical Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Mechanical Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Mechanical Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Mechanical Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Mechanical Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Mechanical Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Mechanical Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Mechanical Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Mechanical Engineering (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Mechanical Engineering in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Mechanical Engineering.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Mechanical Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Mechanical Engineering as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Mechanical Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Studying Mechanical Engineering as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and one other Science subject .
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Mechanical Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Mechanical Engineering:
- Two (2) A Level passes from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- ND upper credit, NCE technical and HND in Mech. Engineering.
UTME Subject combination for Mechanical Engineering:
- English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Mechanical Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – AFIT-DEG
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE – ELIZADE
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) “>KADPOLY-ABU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE – MARITIME-UNI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE – ODUDUWA
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OFFA, KWARA STATE (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA) “>OFFA-DEG
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – TECH-IBADAN
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY ( – eLearning), SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU-ELUON
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Mechanical Engineering and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Mechanical Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.